The Lowell National Historical Park Visitor Center, located in Market Mills on Market Street, serves as the hub for Doors Open Lowell information for the weekend.
For GPS users, please use "304 Dutton Street, Lowell, MA01852" as the target destination for the Visitor Center parking lot.
Many sites are in walking distance while other parking locations will also be indicated on the event map when finalized in early May.
The Lowell National Historical Park bus will be providing shuttle service to select locations this year on Saturday, May 5 between 10am - 4pm. Click HERE for the building map that also includes the shuttle bus stop locations.
Getting to the Visitor Center:
From Interstate Route 495 take Exit 35C on to the Lowell Connector
From Route 3 take Exit 30A if traveling southbound, Exit 30B if traveling northbound.
• Take the Lowell Connector to Exit 5B Thorndike Street.
• Continue right on to Thorndike Street, which becomes Dutton Street.
• At the third traffic light continue straight under the overpass.
• At the next light turn right into the Visitor Center Parking Lot. Free parking is available here during Park operating hours in the gated section of the lot with ticket validation at the Visitor Center.
• From the lot, follow the set of steps located behind the flag pole and continue walking through the courtyard. The Visitor Center will be on your left.
Commuter rail service is available from Boston's North Station to Lowell's Gallagher Terminal. View the MBTA schedule for the Lowell Line. Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA) shuttles buses run between Gallagher Terminal and downtown Lowell Monday through Saturday. Please view the schedule for the LRTA “Downtown Shuttle.”